Monday, November 26, 2007

Belated Best Wishes

Hey, y'all. Sorry I haven't logged on in a while. I hope everyone had a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving. It was quite comfortable here on the Bay. I had the kitchen door open all morning with the sun beating in. It was a lovely day. My husbands family invaded. As Italians, it's the only way they know how to visit. :) I cleaned and cooked for three solid days. When I woke up on Friday morning my calf muscles were so cramped I could barely walk. It was wonderful!!! I love to cook and cater to everyone and play hostess. So much so, we're doing it all again on Christmas Eve, and expect about 30 people.

We used to drive home every year for Thanksgiving, but the drive is a bit much for a four day weekend. It's 380 miles to Mom's on Wednesday, 70 miles back to Mary's for dinner on Thursday, 70 miles back to Mom's, 380 miles back home on Friday or Saturday. All tolled, it's usually 16-18 hours in the car. Last year, Richard simply couldn't make the trip. This year, I didn't know what my job situation was and I didn't want to make a commitment to the family that I couldn't keep. Once we decided we could manage it, Richard couldn't get the time off and we couldn't find anyone to take the dog. (Mom's not fond of the dog hair Chip leaves behind.) Perhaps next year we'll make it.

I was interested to read about Todd's arthur. (Funny, that's what we call it, too.) I'll have to think about whether Richard incurred a specific trauma. He's getting a prednesone injection in his knee every 6-8 months. Other than that he's okay with the methotrexate. I'm not wild about the damage it could cause his liver, but it's not my decision. Tic a lock!

Trina, how did you make out with your teeth? I hope you were able to enjoy your holiday. I had mine out when I was 21 and I still tremble when I think about it!

I'm amazed at the athletes you ladies have raised! I'm impressed! Please post more pictures. And how about some play by play? Listen, I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan, so I don't have much to cheer about these days... I need someone to root for!!!

Love hugs and kisses to all.

No comments: